Each year during early summer, the city staff and Council begin the process of preparing and reviewing the city’s annual budget. After several months of research and review, the City Council approves the annual budget to pay for the city’s services and programs. The fiscal year for the city begins on October 1 of each year.
Included in the services provided by the city are police and fire protection, water treatment, street maintenance, parks maintenance, recreation programs and various activities and programs. The city uses several different revenue sources to fund these services and programs, as well as capital improvements.
Property tax makes up approximately half of the city’s general fund revenues, with the remaining revenues coming from sales tax and other fees and fines. The current property tax rate is $.68000 per $100 assessed value.
The city’s Finance Department received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting. A copy of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report can be accessed by clicking the link below.
• FY 2012-2013 Budget (click here for PDF)
• FY 2011-2012 Budget (click here for PDF)
• FY 2011 City of Waxahachie Annual Financial Report (click here for PDF)
• FY 2010 City of Waxahachie Annual Financial Report (click here for PDF)
• FY 2009 City of Waxahachie Annual Financial Report (click here for PDF)
• FY 2008 City of Waxahachie Annual Financial Report (click here for PDF)