Historic Downtown Waxahachie
Heritage Preservation Commission
- 7 members; two-year staggered terms
- Meetings: 2nd Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
- Assists in the preservation of historic Waxahachie through programs and projects that increase public awareness of the value of historic, cultural, and architectural preservation.
Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone No. 1
- 6 members: two-year staggered terms
- Meetings: As needed
- Monitors and collects tax monies to fund redevelopment of the Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone which includes the Waxahachie Downtown area
Waxahachie Downtown Merchants Association
The Waxahachie Downtown Merchants Association was formed by a small group of merchants in the mid 1990's as a means for member businesses to work together to make the downtown area a viable and integral part of the city. Today, in 2007, the association boasts a membership of over 50 individuals and businesses working together to provide a warm and friendly atmosphere for our visitors. Membership is open to all businesses and individuals that are interested in promoting the downtown area.
Meetings of the WDMA are held the first Wednesday of each month at 8:30 A.M. at the Parks and Recreation building located at 401 S. Elm. This is a time for members to gain information and insight into activities pertaining to the downtown area through discussion with each other, outside motivational speakers, and other presentations of opportunities for the merchants to grow their individual businesses.