Other Boards & Commissions
Planning & Zoning Commission
- 7 members; two-year staggered terms
- Meetings: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month at 4:30 p.m.
- Reviews and considers submitted site plans and plats; makes recommendations to City Council on Zoning Ordinance amendments, Comprehensive Plan amendments, Specific Use Permits and rezoning requests
Zoning Board of Adjustments
- 5 members and 2 alternates; two-year staggered terms
- Meetings: as needed
- Serves as an appeal body for individuals seeking variances to the Zoning Ordinance or to a decision made an administrative official enforcing the ordinance
Waxahachie Community Development Commission
- 7 members and 4 Ex-Officio members; two-year staggered terms
- Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of every month at 4:00 p.m.
- Identifies and funds the Civic Center and Sports Complex projects to maintain and enhance the quality of life in Waxahachie
Mid-Way Regional Airport Board
- 4 members; three-year staggered terms
- Meetings: 2nd Thursday of the month at 4:00 p.m.
- Acts on behalf of the City in the performance of its governmental functions and responsibilities to operate, plan maintain, develop, finance, promote and market Mid-Way Regional Airport
Waxahachie Industrial Development Authority
- 4 members; two-year staggered terms
- Meeting: As needed
- Monitors tax exempt bonds for companies in the City