“The mission statement of the Waxahachie Senior Center,Inc.(WSC)is to help meet the physical, emotional, social, nutritional and educational needs for area senior citizens.”
Download a PDF copy here.
- To be a member of the Senior Center, one must be 50 years old or the spouse of a member, fill out an application and pay the fee.
- A prospective member must have the mental and physical ability to function independently without staff or volunteer supervision while at the Center.
- Members must practice good personal hygiene, be neat and clean in appearance, and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner.
- Persons under the age of 50 may be a guest up to 4 times a year.
- Children under 18 may not participate in Senior Center activities or visit. The exceptions are planned intergenerational activities.
- Reservations for the nutrition program must be made by the participant either by signing the reservation form at the kitchen, or by calling the office (972-937-8271) 48 hours before lunch. Any others will be placed on a waiting list.
- Smoking or tobacco use of any kind is not permitted anywhere in the building.
- No soliciting or petitioning of any kind will be permitted without the express consent of the Senior Center Director.
- Each participant shall conduct himself/herself in a dignified and proper manner at all times. Use of profanity or abusive language is not permitted.
- The Center is not responsible for damage, breakage, theft, or storage of a participant’s personal items.
- Destruction of property of either participants or staff, personal or the Center’s is expressly prohibited.
- The Senior Center is not liable for personal injuries to people participating in the Center’s activities.
- Possession of firearms, weapons, or other dangerous devices on the property is expressly forbidden.
- Tipping the Senior Center staff is prohibited.
- Do not remove supplies, tools, books, or equipment from the Center unless written permission is approved by the Director.
- Participants must provide their own consumables such as paint, glaze, wood, cards, chalk, et cetera. Class fees are subject to change.
- Mass production of items for commercial sale or personal profit is strictly