The Waxahachie City Council has enacted building codes and ordinances to ensure safe and sound structures, and the safety and welfare of the public and occupants of these homes and buildings. The city’s permitting process and inspections are in place to implement these standards and ordinances.
A permit is required to build, alter, or enlarge any residential or commercial structure within the city limits.
The following information must be included when applying for a permit:
Type of work
Value of Work
Contact name and telephone number
Owner of property
Square footage (if applicable)
If it is a building, does it require gas service, and/or does it contain a fire sprinkler system?
Note: If your project is not listed above, please call the Building Inspection Department to determine if a permit is needed. The Building Inspection Department can be reached Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 469-309-4020.
Building Permit Forms
• Backflow Test Report (PDF)
• Certificate of Occupancy Application (PDF)
• Commercial Permit Application (PDF)
• Contractor Registration (PDF)
• Credit Card Payment Authorization Form (PDF)
• Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
• Energy Code Certification Form (PDF)
• HVAC Permit Application (PDF)
• Irrigation System Plan Review Checklist (PDF)
• Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
• Promotional Sign Permit Application (PDF)
• Residential Permit Application (PDF)