Waxahachie Police Department
Vision – To be a recognized leader in public safety by working in partnership with the community providing honorable service for a safer Waxahachie.
Mission – We will Honor our profession through Ethical actions while holding ourselves Accountable with Respect and dedication to Transparency for a safer Waxahachie.
Values – H.E.A.R.T.
- Honor – We will act with honor and high moral standards in all matters.
- Ethics – We will conduct ourselves in all matters with honor, fairness, and high moral values.
- Accountability – We will hold ourselves to the highest standards and take the appropriate actions in order to build trust with the community we serve.
- Respect – We will treat everyone (each other and the pubic) in the same manner we would want to be treated – with dignity, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Transparency – We will not have hidden agendas, we will be open in our actions, our decisions, and our policies.
Waxahachie Police Department is a "Recognized" police agency by the Texas Police Chiefs Association
The Recognition Program is a voluntary accreditation process where law enforcement agencies in the state prove their compliance with Texas Law Enforcement Best Practices.
These Best Practices were carefully developed by Texas Law Enforcement professionals to assist agencies in the efficient and effective delivery of service, improve officer safety, the reduction of risk and the protection of individual’s rights.
As of August 2014 there were only 104 recognized departments in the state, out of the over 1900 different law enforcement agencies in Texas.