Sign Up or Disconnect Services

Sign Up/ Disconnect Services

We are here to help you! 

The City of Waxahachie’s Utility Billing Department is ready to help new residents sign up for the utility services offered by the city:

  • Water
  • Wastewater
  • Solid Waste and Recycling Collection

 What is required for setting up new service?

• Completed Application for Water Service & Welcome Packet     

• Copy of the proof of purchase (Closing Disclosure) or Rental/ Lease Agreement of the service address

• Copy of the Driver’s License or State ID for those on proof of purchase and rental/lease agreements

               *Please note that each new account will be assessed a $19.00 New Account Fee

We offer same day service to our residents, as long as all the requirements to establish services (listed above) are provided before 3:00pm. If received after 3:00pm, services will be established the next business day.

Deposits Required:

  • For residential, there is a $90 deposit required. The deposit may be waived if an acceptable letter of credit from a former utility company, such as water or electric is submitted. The letter of credit can have no more than 1 late payment, no disconnects for non-payment, no returned items, and must be for the last 12 consecutive months, no exceptions. After a year of good service, customers in good standing with no more than 1 late payment, no disconnects, and no returned item, their deposits will be applied as a credit. Otherwise, upon termination of your water service, the deposit on the account is applied to your final bill as a credit. *Please note that if there is not a deposit on the account, and services are disconnected due to non-payment, a deposit will then be required to restore services along with other fees.
  • For commercial accounts, please see deposit amounts below. 

Up to 1" water meter

$ 234.00

1½" water meter

$ 351.00

2" water meter

$ 585.00

3" water meter

$ 1,169.00

4" water meter

$ 2,337.00

6" water meter

$ 3,506.00

8" water meter

$ 7,011.00

10" water meter or larger

$ 11,685.00

Fire hydrant meter with RPZ*

$ 2,115.00


*Customers will be responsible for the cost of any damages incurred while meter is in their possession.

(d) No interest shall be paid on deposits. No deposit is required for other government entities. The billing department may waive the deposit for separate irrigation meters.

*Please note that each new account will be assessed a $19.00 New Account Fee

You may also contact a customer service representative at 469-309-4170 if you have additional questions or need further assistance.

What is required to start a Temporary Service/ Landlord Account?

 • Completed Application for Temporary Service

• Copy of the proof of ownership

• Copy of the Driver’s License


Disconnecting Water Services:

To disconnect water services please complete the Disconnection Form below entirely and submit it to the Utility Billing Department in person, by mail, fax or by email (see information above).

Application for Disconnect

Below are the different ways that a customer may establish and disconnect services:


In Person:

By Mail:

By Fax:

By Email:

City of Waxahachie

Utility Billing Department
401 S. Rogers St.
Waxahachie, TX 75165

City of Waxahachie

Utility Billing Department
P.O. Box 39
Waxahachie, TX 75168

City of Waxahachie

Utility Billing Department
Fax: 469-309-4173

**Please call 469-309-4170 to confirm the fax was received.
**Please call 469-309-4170 to confirm the email was received.