Municipal Court

Municipal Court

Utility Billing drive-thru and night drop options will no longer be available. To make payments online for either Utility Billing or Municipal Court, please visit the following link: For Municipal Court questions, please call 469-309-4070.

If you are scheduled for a Jury Trial as a defendant or a Juror, please note that parking is limited and see the map for best parking options. If for any reason you are unable to park and walk to the court please call the court at (469)309-4070 to speak with a clerk.

If you are set for a Virtual Court Docket, please click the link below to join. Please make sure that you are set for a virtual docket and not an in person docket. If for any reason you are not able to join via zoom, please contact the court at (469) 309-4070 to speak with a clerk.

  • If you are using a phone, you must download the zoom app and allow microphone and camera.
  • If you are using a PC, you must have a webcam, microphone, and speakers.
  • Please make sure you name your device with the first and last name of the defendant so the court can pull your file.
  • Proper clothing is required for a courtroom. You cannot be lying in bed or driving during these proceedings.

ZOOM MEETING ID: 340 012 2838

Best Practices for In Person Proceedings

Cases that are filed in Municipal Court include class 'C' misdemeanor violations including parking, traffic, state codes, and city ordinances.

Traffic Violations 
Traffic violations include moving and non-moving violations, commercial vehicle violations, failure to maintain financial responsibility, no drivers' license, etc. 

Parking Violations 
Parking violations are violations of the traffic code and/or city ordinances and are handled administratively as opposed to being criminal cases. 

State Code Violations 
Class C misdemeanors (crimes punishable by a maximum fine of $500) include: public intoxication, theft (less than $50), disorderly conduct, minors in possession of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia, etc. 

Violations of City Ordinance 
Includes violations of juvenile curfew, park curfew, environmental violations (pollution, land-development violations, health and safety violations associated with food service establishments, rubbish at a residence, and animal violations), etc.

Location and Contact Information 
The Court's telephone number is: 469-309-4070
The Court's Physical Address is:
412 South Rogers Street 
Waxahachie, TX 75165 
Located in the south end of the Charles Beatty Municipal Services Building.

Downtown Parking Map

The Court's Mailing Address is:
Waxahachie Municipal Court 
P.O. Box 757 
Waxahachie, TX 75168

Calla Ross

Mike Foran
City Marshal 

Self Help Resources:
Self Help Notice

Rules of Waxahachie Municipal Court

You may call for information Monday - Friday (excluding weekends and holidays) from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 
For your convenience, the Court has an online payment option.

Fines and Payments 
Payment of your fines is the same as pleading "no contest" and waiving your right to a jury trial. You will be found guilty and the convictions will be reported to the Department of Public Safety (if applicable).

Make Your Payment 
You may deliver your payment to the Court in one of five ways.

1. Pay your fine online. You can access information about your citation and pay your fine online from the Court's public information website. No partial payments allowed.  Only payment in full can be processed on line. (Municipal Court on line payment).

2. Bring your payment in person to 408 South Rogers Street.

3. Mail your payment to the Court: PO Box 757, Waxahachie, TX 75168.

4. If paying by major credit card, you may pay by telephone only if you have entered a plea. Otherwise you can pay online or in person. Court telephone number is 469-309-4070.

5. Place your payment in the drop-box located in the back of the building. The drop box is accessible after normal operating hours and 24 hours per day on weekends and holidays.

We accept payments by money order or major credit card. All payments paid online are not immediately posted. Online payments will be entered once daily. 

Payment by Cash or Money Order You may pay your fine with cash in person only. Make your money order payable to The City of Waxahachie in the full amount due. Write your ticket number on the money order along with your Drivers license number and date of birth. Please indicate if you have an address change. 

Payment by Major Credit Card We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards. To pay by credit card, complete the information on the back of the ticket and mail it to the Court. Please do not forget to put the expiration date from your credit card on the ticket. Alternately, you may pay by credit card online.

Payment Plan 
If a payment plan is desired, a request can be submitted by mail or in person. A one time payment fee of $25.00 will be added per violation per state law if any amount of the fine is paid after the 30th day. 

Payment Extension 
An extension may be granted by request either in person or by mail. An extension is for thirty days only and no extra fees will be added. 

Requests for Community Service 
An appointment with the judge will have to be set for requests for Community Service. 

Failure to Pay by Due Date or Late Payments 
If payments are not made by the due date a warrant of arrest will be issued. 

Fine Information 
Fine information is provided on the back of your ticket. To get information about how much you owe the Court, you can call 469-309-4070 or look information up online.

Resolving Traffic Tickets 
The first step to resolving your ticket is to read the instructions on the back of the citation. The back of your ticket contains information on how to resolve your citation.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR JUVENILES: If you are under 17 years of age you must appear before a judge with a parent or guardian. A court date to appear before the judge will be mailed to the parent or guardian.

SCHOOL CITATIONS: All defendants issued school citations must appear with a parent or guardian regardless of age. 
Address Notification - You and your parent or guardian are required by law to provide the Court, in writing, your current address and residence. If your place of residence changes, you have 7 days to notify the Court, in writing, of your new address and residence. Failure to keep the Court informed of your new residence may result in Failure to Appear and Failure to Notify charges filed against both you and your parent or guardian. The obligation of keeping the Court informed of your current address and residence is required until your case is finalized/terminated.

Make a Plea 
After you are issued a traffic citation, you must enter a plea by the appearance date located at the bottom of your citation. You have three options you may enter a plea of:

1. Nolo Contendere (No Contest) 
2. Guilty 
3. Not Guilty 
for each violation shown on your ticket.

Please Note: You may be issued up to three (3) violations per citation. You may enter a plea on each violation by signing the back of the citation. Remember, only the person who received the ticket can sign the plea form. You can make your plea either in person or by mail. 

Nolo Contendere (No Contest) 
A plea of nolo contendere means that you do not contest the charges filed against you and you are waiving your right to a trial by judge or jury. After you enter a "No Contest" plea, you generally have three options: 
* Pay the fine specified for the violation. You may bring or mail the fine payment to the Court, or pay the fine using a credit card online. If you choose this option, you will be found guilty and the conviction will be reported to the Department of Public Safety to place on your driving record. 
* You may be eligible to have your ticket dismissed upon successful completion of a driving safety course. You must respond on or before the appearance date of your ticket to be eligible for this option. 
* You may be eligible to have your ticket dismissed upon successful completion of deferred disposition. You must request this by mail or in person. 

By entering a plea of guilty, you admit that the act is prohibited by law, that you committed the act charged, and you are waiving your right to a trial by judge or jury. The same options apply as “no contest”. 
If you choose this option, you will be found guilty and the conviction will be reported to the Department of Public Safety to place on your driving record. 

Not Guilty 
A plea of not guilty means that you are informing the Court that you are not guilty of the offense in which you were accused. You must plead not guilty by the appearance date located on the bottom of the citation. Upon receipt of your plea, the court will notify you of your court date. When entering a plea of Not Guilty please inform the court whether you want a trial by judge or jury.

Bench and Jury Trials 
To reset a court date a request must be made in writing at least 24 hours in advance for a bench trial. Jury Trials will not be reset without a very extreme reason. Only one reset will be granted. If you request a Jury Trial, you will have to attend a pre-jury trial with the city prosecutor before a court date is set.

Defensive Driving and Deferred Disposition 
A request for defensive driving can be by mail or in person and must be requested by your due date. Requirements for Defensive Driving: 
1. Proof of validate insurance 
2. Current Texas Drivers License 
3. Defendants cannot have completed a driving safety/ motorcycle course within the 12 months preceding the date of offense. 
4. Defendants cannot have had a commercial driver’s license when the offense occurred. 

The defendant is not eligible for defensive driving if the offense is: 
Speeding 95 miles per hour or more; 
25 mph or more over limit; 
Duty to give Information and aid (leaving the scene of accident); 
Accident involving damage to vehicle (vehicle is driven or attended) (Leaving scene of accident); 
Overtaking and passing a school bus; 
An offense committed in a construction zone while workers are present 
A serious traffic violation (Defined by Section 522.003(25) T.C.).

Note: Defendants charged with failing to secure a child in child passenger safety seat must complete a special driving safety class that includes four hours instruction on child restraints. 
The defendant will have 90 days to complete defensive driving and return the certificate and driving record to the court. No extensions will be granted.

Deferred Disposition 
A request for deferred can be made by mail or in person. Deferred has a probation period of 90 days unless otherwise stated by the judge. Defendant cannot have a commercial Drivers license. If defendant is younger than age 25 the judge must as a term of deferred, require the defendant to take a driving safety course.

Compliance Dismissals 
Certain violations can be dismissed with a penalty fee upon compliance: 
Expired Inspection Sticker (less than 60 days) – 20 working days to comply - $20 dismissal fee 
Expired Drivers License – 20 working days to comply - $20 dismissal fee 
Registration Sticker – 20 working days to comply – $20 dismissal fee – Proof of payment of the penalty assessed by the Tax Assessor Collector must be presented or this violation will not be dismissed. 
Fail to Report Change of Address – 20 working days to comply - $20 dismissal fee 
Fail to Display Drivers License - $10 dismissal fee 
Other compliance dismissals can be dismissed by the judge. Call the court with any questions. 

What Happens If I Do Not Make a Plea or Ignore My Ticket? 
If you fail to make a plea for each violation shown on your ticket, a warrant will be issued for your arrest.

Court-Issued Warrants 
The Court will issue a warrant when:

You fail to make a plea to violations shown on your ticket

You fail to comply with the Orders of a Judge

You do not complete a payment plan or fail to make payments as promised.

Note: You will have to speak with the City Marshal regarding payment plans for warrants.

Failure to Make a Plea 
If you fail to make a plea to each violation on your ticket by your due date, the Court will:

1. Issue a warrant for your arrest (additional $50.00 fee)

2. Charge the Standard Fine amount.

3. Send a request to the Texas Department of Public Safety for Denial of Driver License Renewal and a $30.00 fee may be added

4. Refer your case to a collection agency after 60 days with a possible 30% fee added to the amount owed.

Failure to Meet the Orders of a Judge 
If you have appeared before a judge and have agreed to a payment plan, community service or other judicial orders, you must complete these orders as specified or a warrant will be issued for your arrest.

Resolving a Warrant 
Your warrant may be cancelled if you plead "no contest" or "guilty" to the warrant charge and pay the fine.  You must speak to the City Marshal about any payment arrangements.
If you want to plead Not Guilty to a charge after an arrest warrant has been issued, you must come to the Court to post the required bond and to obtain a Court trial date.

Getting Specific Information about Outstanding Warrants
To find out whether you have an outstanding warrant, you may call our Court at 469-309-4070 or look your information up online.